The exploration of the Islamic heritage is a powerful resource for thinking about Islam as both historical and cultural phenomenon. Understanding Islamic history carries out significant implications for the investment of Islamic heritage, especially with regards to the emphasis on the diverse range of powerful Islamic legacies. Today, the obscurity surrounding Muslim cultural and civilizational heritage prevented the young Muslims from making informed decisions about their futures and has further hindered them from fully realizing their past intellectual roles as producers and masters of culture, art, science and civilization. This critical gap in the understanding and appreciation of Muslim intellectual heritage and its significance role for the intellectual exchange of past cultures and civilizations often lead to distorted perceptions, images and narratives, and fatal misconceptions about Islamic culture and civilization. Particularly, Muslim youth living in non-Muslim contexts make no exception to this dilemma, as they continue to live alienated as they are from the cultural and intellectual contexts of historically Muslim regions. Today the appreciation of the Islamic legacy through its heritage is crucial than ever and is necessary towards re-imagining a better and much prosperous future.
RULES, CONDITIONS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Applicants must be between the age of 18-30.
2. Submission must attach short bio for the applicants.
3. The video shall be made in any of the OIC official languages (Arabic, English or French). English subtitles are compulsory.
4. Videos shall reflect the features detailed below.
5. The theme of 1st edition is “Islamic Architecture” with the following sub-themes:
– Local Islamic civilizational and cultural sites
– Muslim architects
– Cities and heritage landmarks
– Islamic heritage landmarks as seen through the lenses of young artists
– Islamic sites shut or marginalized as result of Islamophobia
6. Applicants must be from OIC Member States or considered resident of Muslim Minority country. Submissions are not to be shared with/submitted to other competition/institutions until the final result are fully announced.
7. Submissions should be made in line with the contest concept and role of Islamic heritage and its contribution to global culture and civilization.
8. Submitted artwork should fit the main theme of the contest
9. All Submissions should be authentic, original, creative and of quality.
10. Regions and gender-balance are taken into consideration in the final selection.
12. Duration: Maximum 3 minutes.
13. Acceptable Video Formats: .MP4, .MPEG, .AVI or .MOV
14. Video Resolution: 1920×1080 in horizontal
15. Codecs: Do not use special codecs in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible.
16. Audio is optional, but lack of audio should have minimal impact on the comprehension of the video.
1. Structure: The video must include at the beginning a video cover with the title, authors and affiliation and the credits at the end.
2. The video should not have any commercial pitch and the authors of each video must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content.
3. Each video submission should be accompanied with a one-page description in PDF file format, which includes: title, full name, a copy of first page of applicant’s passport(s) and contact information (Email and mobile WhatsApp).
Deadline for videos submission: 19 Feb. 2021 / 11.59 pm (Istanbul time GMT+3).
2. Cash Prizes for the 5 winners:
• 1st place: $1000
• 2nd place: $ 750
• 3rd, 4th, 5th places: $500
3. Internship opportunities offered by both Aljazeera Media Network and TRT World.
Important note: Only selected participants will be informedabout the eligibility of their applications.
***Applications must be submitted by no later than 19.02.2021 via application link:
*** The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF and Social Media accounts.
*** If you have any further inquiry, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the email email@example.com