Be a volunteer
05/30/2020
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The OIC Youth Debate Championship 2020

The year 2020 is all about breaking barriers and following your passion despite the odds not being in your favor. Keeping this in mind, we’ve digitalized the debating process, bringing the excitement of debate right to your screens! If you’ve been unable to polish your debating skills in the recent months, now’s your chance to do so.

The Islamic Conference Youth Forum (ICYF), in collaboration with National MOIC Pakistan, is proud to deliver an open call for the OIC Debate Championship 2020. This championship will consist of 16 teams from all over the Muslim geography, locking horns and competing for the title for ‘OIC Debate Champion’, and (prize money).

 

The Championship

This is an Oxford Style Debate, consisting of 16 different teams from 16 different countries. If selected, you will be representing your home country in the competition.

The debate consists of 4 rounds as illustrated below, each round will consist of a prompt which either team will be defending or opposing. The competition will be judged by a panel of jury as well as votes by audience. The vote by jury will have 60% weightage whereas the remaining 40% will come from the audience votes.

 

 

 

Who are we looking for?

Is debating your passion? Does performing in front of an audience give you a thrill unlike any other? Does your posture exhume confidence when you get up on a stage? Do you live for moments in which you can argue your stance on any topical issue? Can you think of two more people who share the exact same passion?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, that’s the kind of team we’re looking for!

Interested? Follow the steps provided below to apply.

 

Eligibility Criteria

While filling the application form, you will be asked to provide identification for proof of residence (for example, a picture of your ID card, passport or driver’s license)

1) The competition is open to teams of 3 persons.
2) Only one team will be selected from each country.
3) Ages must be between 16-29
4) All team members should be from the same country

Please note, preference will be given to teams with prior debating experience. Added benefit if the debators are familiar with the Oxford Style of Debate.

 

Guidelines

  • Filling the application will take up to 15 – 20 minutes
  • A video must be submitted as part of the application process. It is the most important part of the application so ensure that you effectively brainstorm its content before submitting your application
  • Incomplete form will not be entertained
  • Application form should be submitted before the deadline

 

How to apply

Step 1: Fill out the form carefully, with authentic and verifiable details

Step 2: Make a video, no longer than 2-3 minutes, telling us why your team should be selected. Remember, only one team will be selected from each country, so make sure to brainstorm carefully and make a convincing case in your video. The video must also showcase all team members

Step 3: Sit back and wait for the acceptance email.

P.S. Incomplete and/or late forms will not be entertained.

In case you still have any queries, feel free to reach out to us at: debatecompetition@icyforum.org

 

Deadline: 7 June 2020

Program date: 15-23 June, 2020 (The program schedule will be shared with only selected participants)

 

 

OPINION
  • NEWSLETTER
  • Get The Latest News & Updates
LATEST
TWEETS
/icyf_official
  • On the occasion of the Eid al-Adha, ICYF President Mr. Taha Ayhan extends his best wishes for a harmonious, mercifu… https://t.co/KnhwEYBLhj
  • 4 days ago
  • Key to the Dhaka-OIC Youth Capital was presented to the youth in Dhaka, Bangladesh, at the end of Inauguration Cere… https://t.co/mwfsH0f6oA
  • 5 days ago
  • "With its asset of two-third of its population is under 25, quick learners, adaptive to technologies and ready to e… https://t.co/Awlwb8ByD3
  • 5 days ago
  • “The youth has great opportunity to be part of this decision-making by engaging themselves with ideas and innovatio… https://t.co/zLMLdC06b5
  • 5 days ago
  • After experiencing and being empowered by the summit, now comes the time to be engaged and be certified. Today, wit… https://t.co/M3tl78CRax
  • 5 days ago
  • RT @UNHCR_BGD: Bangladesh is the @OICYouthCapital 2020. As part of the inauguration event, youth from all over the world were invited to a…
  • 5 days ago
  • We are not done yet! Participants now get an incredible opportunity to do a boot camp that will be powered by… https://t.co/0ssKDd8OWW
  • 6 days ago
  • #LIVE: Rohingya Case in ICJ: The Road to Accountability and Justice - Resilient Youth Leadership Summit | Dhaka OIC… https://t.co/fVcfgGmolf
  • 6 days ago
  • ة. و سعادة السيد آزاد رحيموف ، رئيس المؤتمر الإسلامي لوزراء الشباب والرياضة ووزير الشباب والرياضة لجمهورية أذربيجان… https://t.co/Yc3PRJWIp2
  • 6 days ago